Originally built in 1928, the Park View reopened in March 2002 after a thorough restoration. Located in a historical surrounding which includes the newly renovated Museum of Fine Arts, the former Presidential Palace, and the well-known Prado Promenade, the Park View Hotel was one of the first hotels built with American capital.
It was one of the most luxurious hotels in Havana in the early part of the 20th century. Located in the privileged position where Old and Modern Havana meet, the hotel offers 55 air-conditioned rooms with private bathroom, satellite TV, local and international telephone, safety deposit box and mini bar.
Its perfect location and decoration make this hotel the perfect place for enjoyment and rest.
Reception staff speak Spanish, English, French, German, Italian
Safety - uniformed security personnel 24hrs
Shops max 2min walk
Telephone - national & international calls
Tours & tourist information desk
TV room/bar (international channels & videos)
Details of Standard Room
The 55 rooms at the Hotel Park View are smallish but light, clean and pleasant. Some of them have views over the rooftops of Centro Habana to the sea. Bathrooms are fairly Spartan, tending to feature showers rather than baths, but are clean and perfectly functional. The cots supplied for visiting infants are of very good quality, unlike the ancient collapsing disasters which with harassed parents have to do battle in some Cuban hotels. Hair-dryes are available on request. Only 15 of the rooms have matrimonial beds. The other 40 rooms are twin bedded.
The heart and soul of Havana is the old town Habana Vieja, declared a Heritage of Mankind Site in 1982 by UNESCO. It was keen to preserve the beauty of its architecture and promote the historical importance of its role within the region.
The following are just some of the interesting places to visit: Plaza de Armas, centred around a statue of the patriot Cespedes and emcompassed by shaded marble benches and second-hand booksellers, is the first public square built in the city. Plaza de la Catedral is perhaps the most beautiful square in the Caribbean which is surrounded by examples of the finest baroque architecture in the country. El Templete, small neoclassical temple which marks the spot where the first Mass was said in 1519. Castillo de la Real Fuerza is one of the oldest forts in the Americas, it holds modern art exhibitions downstairs and the battlements afford good views over the harbour. Palacio de los Capitanes Generales, the seat of government and governor's residence was transferred from the fort to the built. The presidential palace and then the municipal palace until Castro seized power it is now Museo de la Ciudad de la Habana. Museo de Arte Colonial, fine palace constructed in 1720, its yellow courtyard and little-altered architectural features are complemented by a large collection of 17th- and 18th-century furniture. Calle Obispo is Old Havana's most important and smartest thoroughfare, pedestrianized with missile heads as bollards.